guix-devel

Re: native or not

From: Vincent Legoll
Subject: Re: native or not
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 00:01:20 +0200

Hello,

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 3:25 PM Marius Bakke <address@hidden> wrote:
> Unless you are cross-compiling (i.e. guix build --target=foo),
> native-inputs and inputs behave exactly the same; they are simply
> concatenated.

OK, thanks for the clarification.

Christopher, I'm not a web guy, I may take a shot at it, when
my todo list gets emptyish, but don't hold your breath, that
may not happen in this life...

Following this will come the next batch of native-inputs.
Built on x86_64, tried to also target aarch64, but kind of
unconclusive (one stopped at perl, another at mit-krb5...)

I've searched core-updates to avoid duplicating work,
but only after having done it... Got lucky to have only
lost a few minutes on openldap...

The graphviz patch may not be for master as it may
force 2918 packages to be rebuilt. The other ones
should be OK.

Question: should I stay on guix-devel, should I add
guix-patches or should I move to guix-patches for
the following patche series ?

--
Vincent Legoll