[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Translating the web site

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Translating the web site
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 08:50:46 -0400
User-agent: K-9 Mail for Android


As soon as we can host the translation files on a separate project on savannah, we can get it running at (it's a bit weird, but I think it's better than which uses some google stuff. If we prefer hosted, there's ~1 month delay for them to consider an application). Eventually it could be nice to have our own instance, but dividing the translator community even further might not be a very good idea.

To get the project, we need to clarify the license on the translation files, as we discussed before. How should we proceed on that?

Le 23 septembre 2020 07:42:34 GMT-04:00, "Ludovic Courtès" <> a écrit :

Thanks to Florian the web site is now internationalized… but it’s not
being translated for lack of a framework to do so. (Specifically, the
Translation Project refused to host the web site’s POT files after we
told them we may eventually switch to Weblate, which I can understand.)

Julien, what do you think are the odds of getting a Weblate instance up
and running soonish? (Also depending on your availability.)

What do you think can be done in the meantime? Should we use the
infrastructure of another project (GNOME?), or should we simply do it in
an ad-hoc fashion by publishing the POT files at


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]