guix-devel

Re: Blog post about the upcoming FOSDEM + Guix Day

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: Blog post about the upcoming FOSDEM + Guix Day
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2021 16:57:58 +0100

On Mon, Feb 01, 2021 at 10:41:53AM +0100, zimoun wrote:
> Hi Ludo,
>
> On Mon, 1 Feb 2021 at 10:35, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:
>

> > https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/guix-artwork.git/tree/website/drafts/meet-guix-at-fosdem-2021.md
>
> LGTM!
>
> > Regarding the Guix Day next Monday, do we have the BBB URL or will it be
> > disclosed later?  What should we say regarding practical connection
> > info?
>
> The Fosshost BBB instance at <https://guixbbb.fosshost.org/> is still
> alive.  We are using it every week to run our Outreachy Weekly
> meeting.
> Aside that, I do not know what is planned for the Day.

So far, we'll have a GNU Hurd session and a Rust packaging session. We
will also discuss ARM, RISC-V and GNU Mes. Otherwise the program is
open for newbies and unconference topics alike. If you want to propose
something this may be the time.

BTW Manolis and I previewed the talks of the FOSDEM devroom and it is
going to be amazing!

  https://fosdem.org/2021/schedule/track/declarative_and_minimalistic_computing/

Attending is free. Just click on the talk when it starts. It'll stream
on Jitsy and we have matrix for chat (join http://chat.fosdem.org).
Thank you to all those who took the trouble of recording a
presentation :)

Pj.

PS the talks will be available after for viewing too.