guix-devel

Re: Blog post about the upcoming FOSDEM + Guix Day

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: Blog post about the upcoming FOSDEM + Guix Day
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2021 17:42:44 +0100

On Mon, Feb 01, 2021 at 05:30:26PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Pjotr, Manolis, what are you thoughts?  I’m happy to have this event and
> to make something unconference-style, but IMO we need to have a clearer
> view of when it’ll take place, what we’ll be doing, who’s going to
> moderate, that sort of thing.  :-)

We have the moderators and plan to cross 3 TZs. Bonface and Efraim
start in the Asia slot (6am EU). Manolis and me will take Europe and
after from 9am.

> If we’re not prepared for a broader event, maybe we can make it a
> small-case developer gathering and not announce it publicly?

It is already public as a fringe event :). But, I think, realistically
it will be just us having a discussion/hacking day. But if anyone
walks in the door we should be happy to facilitate.

  https://fosdem.org/2021/fringe/

I know we don't like lack of structure, but I feel this is just an
open door kinda thing.

Pj.