guix-devel

Re: Why [bug#47081] Remove mongodb?

From: Jack Hill
Subject: Re: Why [bug#47081] Remove mongodb?
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 12:45:55 -0400 (EDT)

I don't have anything to add with respect to the process for package removeal, but for the completeness of the thread I'd like the observe that one of the packages that was removed (mongo-tools) was broken for over a year: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/39637

For the reasons Efraim pointed out, I think that package was unlikely to be fixed, so I'm okay with it being removed.

Best,
Jack