guix-devel

Re: Let's include powerpc64le-linux in the next release

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Let's include powerpc64le-linux in the next release
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 10:23:58 +0200

Hi Tobias,

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès 写道:
>> Like Efraim wrote, the person who makes the release (I’m afraid
>> it’ll be
>> me) needs to be able to offload to a “trustworthy” machine for that
>> platform.
>
> Define trustworthy?

I put quotes because it’s informally defined, at best, and it’s not all
or nothing.

To me one criterion would be that only known project contributors are
admins, physical access to the machine is limited to them and/or a
well-identified group of people, and that no build results flow from the
outside into this machine.

I realize we’re not there yet, but it’s OK: we’re just getting started
with this architecture.  Plus, I’m really grateful to OSUOSL for giving
us access to this machine!

Ludo’.