guix-devel

Re: Let's include powerpc64le-linux in the next release

From: Vincent Legoll
Subject: Re: Let's include powerpc64le-linux in the next release
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 00:20:31 +0200

Hello,

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 10:24 AM Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:
> Plus, I’m really grateful to OSUOSL for giving
> us access to this machine!

Yes, it's really nice to have access to those, and in the future, if
we want to really support the ppc64le with substitutes, we may
ask for a CI-class VM which should have better performance.

I've also asked for details of the openstack setup, and the virtual
disks provided to the VMs are networked ceph storage which is
quite slow, they are investigating the problem. I also asked if they
can try to provide hypervisor-local scratch storage (way faster but
not durable, and would make the VM non migratable) to the VMs and
they may be able to do so in the future.

Tchuss

--
Vincent Legoll