guix-devel

Re: A "cosmetic changes" commit that removes security fixes

From: Raghav Gururajan
Subject: Re: A "cosmetic changes" commit that removes security fixes
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 23:45:10 +0000

Hi All!

Sorry, I just saw this email and noticed its thread via web. I wasn't
subscribed.

> Raghav, can you explain why you created that commit? What's the
> context & the goal? Why is it on current wip-gnome? What do you
> expect to happen to it?

The commit is not new. I cherry-picked from core-updates
(993de472ed3dfe90e1c4110b6b910c1f74d243ff), which was pushed as a part of
#42958.

>> "Signed-off-by: Léo Le Bouter <lle-bout@zaclys.net>"
>
> What does this line mean? Please explain in some detail.

The cherry-pick preserves the commit message.

P.S.

Please note that I stopped making cosmetic changes long ago. I explicitly
mentioned in #42958, during review, that there are two *old* 'cosmetic changes'
(glib and cairo) which I had to preserve so that I don't have to rework the
succeeding patches. Please refer this message
(https://issues.guix.gnu.org/42958#63).

Regards,
RG.