guix-devel

Re: A "cosmetic changes" commit that removes security fixes

From: Raghav Gururajan
Subject: Re: A "cosmetic changes" commit that removes security fixes
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 01:02:59 -0400

Hi Mark!

(1) These original summary lines are still misleading, because "ungraft"
     means to integrate the fixes from the replacement into the original,
     but here, the fixes are simply being deleted.

I see. Now I get the idea. Thanks for explaining this.

(2) These original commit logs are still misleading, for the same reason
     I gave in my previous reply.
Agreed.

(3) The 'cairo' commit still re-introduces security flaws into our
     'cairo' package.

Agreed.

What worries me as much as anything is that your responses so far seem
to indicate that you are failing to understand what you and Léo have
done wrong here.

I never said nothing wrong was done. I was trying to retrace the steps and putting all the information out. I was not sure why Leo added these changes and I failed to elicit questions at that time. Let us try to fix it. I don't know what else to say.

@Leo,
Shall we add a new commit to fix this?

Regards,
RG.