guix-devel

Re: geiser and guix repl

From: Mekeor Melire
Subject: Re: geiser and guix repl
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 01:38:24 +0000

I figure out that the issue was indeed the colors.

I had an .guile file forcing it to use colors.

Ah, I guess that's why Guix System ships with the following ~/.guile file. At least that's where I think I got it from, if I remember correctly.

(cond ((false-if-exception (resolve-interface '(ice-9 readline)))
      =>
      (lambda (module)
        ;; Enable completion and input history at the REPL.
        ((module-ref module 'activate-readline))))
     (else
(display "Consider installing the 'guile-readline' package for
convenient interactive line editing and input history.\n\n")))

     (unless (getenv "INSIDE_EMACS")
(cond ((false-if-exception (resolve-interface '(ice-9 colorized)))
              =>
              (lambda (module)
;; Enable completion and input history at the REPL.
                ((module-ref module 'activate-colorized))))
             (else
(display "Consider installing the 'guile-colorized' package
for a colorful Guile experience.\n\n"))))

Antonio Carlos Padoan Junior <acpadoanjr@yahoo.com.br> writes:

> I'm facing some trouble using guix repl and geiser with > company-mode enabled. Emacs is hanging. I saw in documentation > that the issue is probably the regex used to parse the prompt.
>
> However, the default prompt regex looks fine. The only > difference I noticed between a geiser's session working > correctly (started from emacs) and guix's session (started > from terminal + geiser-connect) is the prompt colors.

By the way, personally, starting "guix repl --listen=tcp:37146" from terminal and then running M-x geiser-connect makes Emacs freeze for me. Do you experience the same?