guix-devel

Thoughts on committers pushing simple changes from other committers?

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Thoughts on committers pushing simple changes from other committers?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 12:54:32 +0000

Hey!

So probably in part due to the recent changes to the commit policy [1] I
think there are more "simple" changes being sent to guix-patches by
committers, which I think is good, but that's got me thinking about the
process for these changes.

1:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=9aa2b7419854306b7ae78d4c4f7684316b834b1d

Generally, I don't push changes for other committers, but I wonder if
that would be helpful now.

Take #61416 [2] as an example, I replied saying the change looked good
to me, but maybe it would be easier if I'd just pushed it along with the
changes I was pushing for non-committers?

2: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/61416

Obviously I think this wouldn't apply to all changes, just the simpler
ones (for some vauge definition of simpler).

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris