guix-devel

Re: Thoughts on committers pushing simple changes from other committers?

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Thoughts on committers pushing simple changes from other committers?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 15:57:10 +0100

Am Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 12:54:32PM +0000 schrieb Christopher Baines:
> Generally, I don't push changes for other committers, but I wonder if
> that would be helpful now.

Personally I prefer to push my own changes. And let other people push
theirs if they can. Actually I think we are responsible of the patches
we push, and less so of the patches we author :)  This is consistent with
the signatures as well.

Concerning other people's patches, what makes this policy a bit complicated
is that I think we do not have a list of committers on the web. So I might
accidentally push another committer's patch, or conversely not push
someone's patch who I erroneously assume to be a committer.

Andreas