guix-devel

Re: Python

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Python
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 15:23:36 +0100

In my goal of building calibre on core-updates, I encounter many build failures.
The Python package graph seems to be extremely entangled, with dependencies
on specific input package and even Python versions.

The only approach I could imagine is updating to newer versions, and this
solved some of the build failures (but not all of them). I have pushed a
few commits to core-updates. Please feel free to revert them if this is not
the good approach.

It would be nice if the Python team could take over, and more people joined
the team :)

Andreas