guix-devel

Re: Oniro or Guix on Zephyr kernel?

From: Peter Polidoro
Subject: Re: Oniro or Guix on Zephyr kernel?
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 08:45:26 -0500

Thank you for all of your great work on packaging the Zephyr SDK for Guix! I
had the same feelings about West and its approach to handling dependencies.

PlatformIO has a similar issue where parts of it are very useful, but it would
be great to be able use Guix to manage firmware libraries instead of the
platformio.ini files.

Are you also planning on making the firmware that you write to run on top of
Zephyr into Guix packages as well? That could make it way easier to synchronize
code on both a host machine and an embedded board that need to communicate with
each other.

I would love to read another blog post about using Guix to manage an entire
embedded project including firmware if you are ever up for it!