guix-devel

ci.guix.gnu.org proxy blocked

From: Andrew Tropin
Subject: ci.guix.gnu.org proxy blocked
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 08:50:58 +0400

Hello guix!

ci.guix.gnu.org is not available in some countries and I maintain a
nginx proxy for it at ci.guix.trop.in.

From time to time the proxy host get rate limited with following message
from ci.guix.gnu.org:

<h1>Blocked because of DoS Attack</h1>
originating from your system was detected. For more
information, contact the system administrator.</p>

and becomes very slow.

Can we workaround it somehow?

Also, we provide ci.guix.ygg.trop.in, which make it available over
yggdrasil network (which is censorship-resistant and quite fast and also
packaged/serviced in guix).  https://yggdrasil-network.github.io/

Maybe we can setup yggdrasil node on ci.guix.gnu.org, to make it
possible to access it directly and not via proxy?  We have a tor node on
ci.guix.gnu.org, but it's very slow comparing to yggdrasil.

--
Best regards,
Andrew Tropin