guix-devel

Re: GSoC news

From: Sarthak Shah
Subject: Re: GSoC news
Date: Fri, 5 May 2023 03:35:43 +0530

Hello Guix,

Thanks for having me onboard!
I hope that my project will prove useful to Guix.

My project is about implementing Parameterized Packages, which will add optional Gentoo USE flag-like functionality to Guix packages. This will not only help reduce package size but also provide users with greater choice with how they'd like to use their packages. I believe that this should also help somewhat relieve the issue of the denseness of guix's dependency graphs, which was recently being discussed here on the mailing list.

Due to the nature of this project, it will involve taking a lot of inputs from the Guix community, and thus you can expect a regular thread or two with updates/feature discussions on this topic in the mailing list.

Once again, thank you for this wonderful opportunity!

Sincerely,
Sarthak (cel7t)

On Fri, 5 May, 2023, 01:29 Pjotr Prins, <pjotr.public12@thebird.nl> wrote:
Welcome Sarthak!