guix-devel

Re: A Forum for Guix Users

From: Attila Lendvai
Subject: Re: A Forum for Guix Users
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 13:27:27 +0000

> I'm technically one of the administrators of forums.debian.net and
> would not recommend web-based "forums" to projects that do not have
> them. They are hard to search and even harder to police. Also, the
> software tends to be based on dated technologies. There are better
> ways to help people in need.

i'm wondering, does that include something like stackexchange.com ?

i know that it's not free software, but i'm wondering whether you are saying
that a static documentation plus a mailing list is superior to something like
stackexchange (i.e. a modern forum engine with tags and all the bells and
whistles, and it's well-integrated into general search engines)?

because that would go against my experience, very much.

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39