guix-devel

Re: Branch (and team?) for mesa updates

From: dan
Subject: Re: Branch (and team?) for mesa updates
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 12:45:52 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Hi John,

Aug 26, 2023 08:51:49 John Kehayias <john.kehayias@protonmail.com>:

Though at least (gnu packages gl) looks pretty
reasonable to start for maybe a graphics team? Maybe with vulkan?

I'm still not sure but I should probably propose something concrete
with at least myself for gl since those patches generally will go to
the mesa-updates branch for convenient building.

Anyone else want in?

I use vulkan and sdl2 for my day to day development, and I once submitted a patch series updating various vulkan packages.  I'm interested in maintaining these vulkan packages and I like the idea of having a graphics team.  Meanwhile, I'm not so sure if the team should be responsible for sdl2, but I would like to discuss the possibility first.