guix-devel

Re: How can we decrease the cognitive overhead for contributors?

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: How can we decrease the cognitive overhead for contributors?
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 12:31:57 +0200

paul <goodoldpaul@autistici.org> writes:

>> Please go ahead and package the rest of Sourcehut, so we can host it and
>> finally forget about Mumi and Debbugs.
>
> Again, this is not a competition between Sourcehut and Mumi. This is a
> discussion between adults that care very much about the same
> philosophical and political points about technological control and
> autonomy.

You seem to have managed to miss my point.  I emphatically agree that
there is no competition.

As the original author of Mumi I want it to become obsolete as it
clearly has outlived its usefulness and better alternatives exist.  The
way to get there is to add the replacement to Guix so we can host it.

I won’t contribute to Mumi any more.  Giving it up doesn’t hurt my
feelings.  I’d be glad to see it gone.

--
Ricardo