guix-devel

Re: How can we decrease the cognitive overhead for contributors?

From: Katherine Cox-Buday
Subject: Re: How can we decrease the cognitive overhead for contributors?
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 12:04:30 -0600

On 9/3/23 1:36 AM, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:

Why are we trying to compete with Sourcehut?  What's the end goal?

I can’t make myself even clearer about this, but I’ll repeat myself
again: we are not.

“Competition” is a foreign concept to me.  Mumi exists only because I
found the Debbugs web interface kinda ugly and alienating.  It’s a hack
that obviously outlived its welcome.  I have to admit that messages like
this make me regret scratching this itch that gave rise to Mumi in 2016.
(Sourcehut started in 2018.)

I think you've already addressed this, but I wanted to plainly state that I appreciate your work on Mumi. Even if we decide to move on, it fulfilled a need for this period of time in Guix's life, and I thank you for it.