guix-devel

Re: branch master updated: gnu: Add passff.

From: Kaelyn
Subject: Re: branch master updated: gnu: Add passff.
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 17:53:30 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Saturday, October 28th, 2023 at 8:05 AM, Clément Lassieur
<clement@lassieur.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 28 2023, Christopher Baines wrote:
>
> > This passff-host package looks a bit odd to me, one thing to mention is
> > that guix show says it has no dependencies, but I don't think that's
> > correct:

I agree about this. When I packaged passff-host locally some time ago, I saw it
has a runtime dependency on python and also needs to be able to find the pass
binary. I've attached the bare (unfinished/unpolished) package definition
extracted from my local channel and attached it, for if it is of assistance to
folks. My definition tries to embed a sane path for finding pass with a default
of the path to the password-store package it was built against, and also tries
to copy the passff.json into the correct browser folder for Chromium, Firefox,
and Icecat based on the packaged install_host_app.sh script (note: I have only
used it with Icecat).

Cheers,
Kaelyn