guix-devel

Re: xwayland security updates, to mesa- or core-updates or ?

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: xwayland security updates, to mesa- or core-updates or ?
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 09:19:27 +0200

On Thu, Dec 21, 2023 at 09:18:50PM +0000, John Kehayias wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Mon, Dec 18, 2023 at 12:57 AM, John Kehayias wrote:
>
> > Hi Kaelyn and everyone,
> >
> > On Fri, Dec 15, 2023 at 05:25 PM, Kaelyn wrote:

> I also updated curl as it was going to be rebuilt and had a new
> version out (with some security fixes). I hadn't grafted it on master
> but we could do that if the mesa-updates branch isn't merged to master
> first.
>
> [snip]
>

> > I've pushed 3 patches (mesa, xorgproto, xorg-server-xwayland) to
> > mesa-updates after merging in master. The farm is building away.
> >

> I also had to skip a failing test (unknown reasons) of gtk with these
> updates.
>
> Finally, I also enabled the zink driver in Mesa (zink is for OpenGL on
> Vulkan). I remember someone asking about it on #guix recently as well,
> and we should have it enabled in general, to support devices which may
> not be able to use OpenGL without it.
>
> > The request for merging is at <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/67875> with
> > some details. In short, running into some issues with builds "failing"
> > because they just die or "missing derivation" errors. I'm restarting
> > what I see that seems higher impact, but is there anyway to restart
> > all the failed builds or ones with missing dependencies?
> >

> This is still true though I've tried to manually restart lots of
> builds on x86_64 and i686, which has removed many of the failures. Any
> idea what is happening to cause this more recently?
>
> [snip]
>
> > Thanks! I saw you had posted the latest version and that's what I
> > included. On x86_64-linux at least everything has built fine for
> > those, but the larger world remains to be seen.
> >
> > Would still like confirmation from other branches about what they want
> > to do, but we have some time while things build. And builds get
> > restarted.
> >

> I haven't seen QA process this branch, so I'm just going with what I
> see on Berlin. From the branches overview it shows about 61% last I
> saw, compared to 72% for master. Unfortunately, non x86 architectures
> are usually better covered by Bordeaux, but I don't know where to get
> a sense of that coverage. For what it is worth, Efraim has manually
> built xorgproto and mesa at least on powerpc64le, riscv64, without
> issues.

I had berlin build for powerpc64le and that went without any problems.
Locally I built for riscv64 and powerpc and those both built fine.  I
ran into an issue locally with curl on aarch64 and test 1477(?) which is
weird since it's supposed to be skipped but I'm sending it through
again.  Haven't started armhf yet.

--
Efraim Flashner   <efraim@flashner.co.il>   רנשלפ םירפא