guix-devel

Re: Non-bootstrappable NPM packages

From: Wojtek Kosior
Subject: Re: Non-bootstrappable NPM packages
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 20:17:18 +0100

Hi there

not sure if this was mentioned here but in case it wasn't — there was a
proof of concept packaging of sucrase and jQuery as early as in 2022.
You can see the relevant thread here[1].

So, yes, it's definitely easier than it seems (and easier than some
used to describe it) — the only problem is that nobody seems to have
picked up that work done by zamfofex ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wojtek

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2022-11/msg00191.html

-- (sig_start)
website: https://koszko.org/koszko.html
fingerprint: E972 7060 E3C5 637C 8A4F  4B42 4BC5 221C 5A79 FD1A
follow me on Fediverse: https://friendica.me/profile/koszko/profile

♥ R29kIGlzIHRoZXJlIGFuZCBsb3ZlcyBtZQ== | ÷ c2luIHNlcGFyYXRlZCBtZSBmcm9tIEhpbQ==
✝ YnV0IEplc3VzIGRpZWQgdG8gc2F2ZSBtZQ== | ? U2hhbGwgSSBiZWNvbWUgSGlzIGZyaWVuZD8=
-- (sig_end)