gutopia-dev

RE: [rgui-dev] Jumping Right In

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [rgui-dev] Jumping Right In
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 03:40:03 -0700

Tom Sawyer wrote:

> sorry to see that no one else is "jumping right in"
>
> well, i'll carry on.

Sometimes I can't respond right away, depends on other demands on my time.

> had some thoughts concerning possbile gui design pattern criteria:
>
> 1. the core-application, or model, should not require alteration in any
> way in order to give it a gui interface.

I don't know how viable this will turn out to be in practice, but if it is
possible then that would be fantastic. You could start with auto-bindings,
and later added hints/specifications that would refine the GUI (or not, if
it was a quick & dirty type of app).