gwhere-discussion

Re: [GWhere-discussion] installing: which dependencies ?

From: Zero - GWhere
Subject: Re: [GWhere-discussion] installing: which dependencies ?
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 22:48:20 +0200

Hi Peter and everybody,

"peter.elsner" wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> as a newbie in your list and in installing with compiling I've got trouble
> with Gwhere.
> I tried to install the version ( 0.0.25 ) discussed in a magazin. I
> understood that I need gtk >= 1.2.0 with the gtk-dev(el) paket  to run
> gwhere.
>
> after some trying ( sorry, I don't know what I realy installed at least
> because I installed the program "checkinstall" before and got some trouble
> from there) I could start gwhere.

To compile GWhere you need :
libgtk-1.2-devel-1.2.x, libglib-1.2-devel-1.2.x and zlib-devel
You should need some others programs as Make, automake, ... But theses programs
are often installed on your system.

To run GWhere you need :
libgtk+1.2-1.2.x, libglib+1.2-1.2.x and zlib

> it was a bit frustrating: I was able to select a CD, reads the label but I
> always got questionmarks as a desrciptiin of the directories.
>
> When I made an "ls" at the CD  I got the same. Only after unmount / mount I
> could read the CD with an "ls"

I'm not sure to understand your problem but can you tell us your error message
about directories?
Have you tried the version 0.0.26? Have you the same problem with it?

> I'd installed mandrake V9.0 running kde 3
> When I look inside the box what is installed I can see
>
> libgtk+1.2-1.2.10-29mdk        <-------- maybe from my helpless installing
> libgtk-1.2-devel-1.2.10-29mdk <------            "                   "
> libgtk+2.0_0-2.0.6-8mdk        <-------- the original from mandrake ??

The presence of libgtk+2.0_0-2.0.6-8mdk it's not a problem. In fact the next
version, GWhere 0.1.0, could run with it.

> together with some other gtk libaries
>
> My question: what do I have to install together with Gwhere to get it running
> at mandrake V9?

See overhead. ;-)

> any help is gladly accepted.

I hope we will help you.

Regards,
Zero

--
Best regards,

Zero
Maintainer,

GWhere - Another way to manage your catalogs!!
http://www.gwhere.org