gwhere-discussion

Re: [GWhere-discussion] installing: which dependencies ?

From: peter
Subject: Re: [GWhere-discussion] installing: which dependencies ?
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 17:02:40 +0100

Hi Zero,
let me split our last msg for a better answer

first of all, I was able to compile GWhere 0.0.25 and start it but not 0.0.26

> > it was a bit frustrating: I was able to select a CD, reads the label but
> > I always got questionmarks as a desrciptiin of the directories.
> >
> > When I made an "ls" at the CD  I got the same. Only after unmount / mount
> > I could read the CD with an "ls"
>
> I'm not sure to understand your problem but can you tell us your error
> message about directories?

let me explain.
I'm running mandrake V9 which uses per default supermount / automount. So, I
tried to start GWhere with these default conditions.
GWhere is able to connect to the CD and tried to read the contents but mostly
it got parts of the directory. sometimes it shows the directory icon and as a
description a few ???????.
When I use the konqueror to show me the contents of the CD it shows the same.
( part of the content ) with an ls too.

I stopped automount / supermount and did a reboot. after that I could read the
CD's correctly.
after enabling automount and a reboot I got the same trouble.

> Have you tried the version 0.0.26? Have you the same problem with it?

:-)
well I downloaded the two parts for compiling and had trouble with each
_________
address@hidden GWhere-0.0.26]# ./configure
configure: error: can not find install-sh or install.sh in . ./.. ./../..
address@hidden GWhere-0.0.26]#
_________

there are only these files "INSTALL.part" and "install-sh.part" in the paket.

so, what's now to do??
I got it with 0.0.25 and now the next trap with 0.0.26 !  it's really hard to
become a penguin freak. :-)

--
Bye
Peter