gwl-devel

Re: Guile code snippet

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Guile code snippet
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 23:21:37 +0200

Hi Olivier,

> and when I try the guile shebang:
> # /bin/guile { (display "foo") }
>
> | ERROR: In procedure %resolve-variable:
> | Unbound variable: ungexp

This is now fixed with commit dceec9ecb9e24252ab9130f7a3626c00b2ff1a68.
I added a new test that checks the generated code when using a custom
interpreter.  Previously, it only checked that the interpreter was
extracted correctly and code was generated at all…

The problem was that we accidentally wrote code to a file that was
supposed to be evaluated so that its *result* could be written to a
file.  It wrote:

(apply system*
  (append (list (string-append (getenv "_GWL_PROFILE")
                (ungexp (sanitize-path (symbol->string name)))))
          …))

…instead of:

(apply system*
  (append (list (string-append (getenv "_GWL_PROFILE")
                "/bin/guile") "-c")
          …))

The cause was the use of a macro.  It is now implemented as a procedure.

It works with the custom interpreter, but also direct Scheme embedding
works fine:

process run
  packages "guile"
  procedure `(display ,name)

workflow do-the-thing
  processes run

Could you please try again and report back?  Thanks in advance!

--
Ricardo