health-i18n

Re: Issues with ICD-10 coding and translation and missing modules

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: Issues with ICD-10 coding and translation and missing modules
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 15:54:34 +0100

Dear Edgar

On Tue, 14 Jul 2020 13:54:40 +0200
Edgar Hagenbichler <edgar.hagenbichler@hagenbichler.at> wrote:

> Dear Luis,
>
> now I registered at weblate and set my notifications to GNU
> Health/health_icd10.

Excellent!

> It says now "The translation is temporarily closed for contributions
> due to maintenance, please come back later."

Yes, they might be under maintenance. It usually takes a few minutes.
I'll check.

> We have 11 languages there, 7 of them with at least 85 % translation:
> English (100%), French (100%), Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese,
> Spanish, German.

English is always the source language for all the components. That
should always be 100%

French: Armand is the main maintainer.

Chinese: Tumashu is the main maintainer.

> Lao, Italian, Arabic, and Greek are between 0 and 11 %.

The ICD10 should, ideally, be translated using the official WHO
translations when available for the language.

I would recommend always try to get the official language. For those
that are not available, then manual translations should be done by
experts.

Francisco Vila is very good in this area, so I think he can bring
really goodideas.

Remember that now we have enabled continuous localization, that is,
each change done in weblate is pushed to our Mercurial SCM (development
branch). Approx a month before the release of the next GH version (3.8
in December), we should have the OK from each of the language component
managers, so we can move it to the stable version. Without that OK,
languages won't be part of the official release.

> What should I do now?

Let me suggest to dive into the details of weblate. For example, there
is a section where you can post messages to the group / component. It's
a great way to get to know the translators.

Thank you again for your help and let me know your thoughts.

All the best,
Luis