Re: [Health] Revised Cardiac Risk Index: Score and RCRI Class calculated

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Revised Cardiac Risk Index: Score and RCRI Class calculated fields accepting data input
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 20:43:25 -0300

Hi Ronald !

On 19/07/2013 11:12, ronald munjoma wrote:
Dear All,

Note: I do not have any medical background.

I have made an observation on the Revised Cardiac Risk Index (RCRI) page, which can be accessed from the Patient Menu, related actions, RCRI.

The Score and RCRI Class look like calculated fields, with values auto filed when you click/choose conditions. Are these fields not supposed to be read only? Right now I can manually fill values in the two fields without selecting any conditions.
Yes. You are right Ronald !

The main thing is that if we decide to make this fields totally dependant of the other fields, sometimes we can get a result that does not have the other variables . For example :

- BMI 27
- Family Functionality Score 6
- Neonatal APGAR 9
- ..

On the technical side, fields of type on_change_with or on_change are taken from the client, so if you make them readonly, they won't be saved. But we can find a way around that.

So, we have to find a balance between flexibility and functionality. What we should prevent is to have an erroneous value when all the fields have been completed. ( for example, if a patient weight is entered as 60 kg, and the height is 160 cm , the __only__ possible value for BMI must be 23.44 ). In other words, for these type of fields, we can enter an non-computed value in the result __only__ if one ore more of the variables are missing.

What do you  think ?

Best,

Regards and thanks
Ronald Munjoma
The United Nations Millennium Development Goals
A set of 8 goals, agreed upon by 189 member countries of the UN, that if achieved would see the greatest improvement to the human condition by 2015.
http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/

Action on the MDGs: www.mdgpledge.org <http://www.mdgpledge.org>
Change your sig: www.mdgpledge.org/sig/ <http://www.mdgpledge.org/sig/>