[Heartlogic-dev] bill may give talk on rumination in 31 hrs!

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: [Heartlogic-dev] bill may give talk on rumination in 31 hrs!
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 10:51:38 -0500 (CDT)

Lookie here....Bill puts his foot in his mouth!

Executive Summary: I might be giving a talk on the rumination studies we are working on in front of the open cyc austin crowd.

Details...

Joshua, would it be possible to install an orwellian counter that emailed
me every time someone visited the wiki? Why don't we filter out every time your or I visit. Me visiting could be operationalized as anytime celeganns.cs.utexas.edu checks it out OR someone from cs.utexas.edu checks it out).

Joshua, I am considering different item sets. Would it be possible to have e.g. two or three rumination studies, each with their own different item sets?....If they approve me for the talk tomorrow, would it be possible to have it for then?

Joshua, it would be really nice to actually take them through some of the surveys during the talk (they have projection screen, wifi, high speed internet etc). Alas, it would be sad if India decided to turn off the power at 7pm texas time. Maybe there is a way to have a backup version by taking a lot of screen shots.

Hrm, I suppose I should email Mark and say that a one week delay is slightly preferrable.

At first timid and paranoid, I am getting excited about this possibility. There is nothing like commmitting standing up in front of a few people that forces you to work extra hard and extra clearly before hand....This is probably one reason open source works so well..If the public can see your code, you can't hack it bc if you do, you shall be humiliated.

Bill