Re: [Heartlogic-dev] do you have the reversal blues?

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: Re: [Heartlogic-dev] do you have the reversal blues?
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 23:23:44 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 22:46 -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
Is the item really reversed or not?

I don't understand the question.  Of course we know the item is reversed
bc WE REVESED IT!!.

What I meant is that it is not clear to me which class of ablations are
also reversals and which class are ablations but not reversals.

ah.  well i just added this new page that "defines" RevItem.

Prior to 2005-06-15 BillJ believed that there were basically reversed and unreversed items. But now (2005-06-15) he thinks of things differently.
Reversal is like replacing "Happy" with "Sad" in his disssertation.  Items
created with this distinction are mostly NEGATED items.

And reversal and negation fit into a larger framework of experimental manipulation or ablation.

Given other deadlines (e.g. talk) it is too much trouble at this point (2005-06-15) to change all of the RevItems to NegItem or some such.

anyway, we really should not get into a philosphical debate when i need to
give a polished talk in less than 24 hours.

Sure, I don't have anything to add anyway.