[Heartlogic-dev] Re: bug: maybe true maybe false

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: [Heartlogic-dev] Re: bug: maybe true maybe false
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 23:12:19 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 20:14 -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
J,

Below it says "maybe true maybe false" but it should
really only say "false."

See...

You have completed 11 items, 6 remaining.

Thanks for your rating! Ratings like yours can help us evaluate and
improve our AI models.

Marvin the robot actually believes that the following is maybe true maybe
false.
Love and contempt are similar emotions.

That's not a bug.  That's a feature.  ;-)

According to the wiki, this items is classified as type "WhatsIt".  So
maybe this is one of those items which you aren't sure how to reverse.

Excelletn!  Touche!

I suggest you change the type to something less ambiguous or simply
delete it because there is already one reversed version.

Okay, I fixed it.  I think as a general rule I sorta guess (how's THAT
for decisiveness!!) that you should only have reversed and/or unrevsered.
Else the stats might become much more complicated...

So, for this case, I fixed it by putting the other kind of reversal
in a comment after the item...

GroundItem
UnRevItem
Love and contempt are opposite emotions.
RevItem
Love and contempt are not opposite emotions.| IssueReversalNotAlwaysClear e.g. maybe we want to say "Love and contempt are similar emotions."

Bill