Re: kitty error w bash -bash: declare: -A: invalid option

From: Dennis Williamson
Subject: Re: kitty error w bash -bash: declare: -A: invalid option
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 15:21:45 -0600

On Wed, Feb 23, 2022 at 3:10 PM Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com> wrote:

>    $ grep -IR '/usr/bin' ./* | grep -v env
>
> May be helpful to locate the offending script.

Except that there are other places that the outdated Bash may exist. Your
search only looks for one. It may be helpful to search instead for files
which include PROMPT_COMMAND since that also appears in the error output
and is likely to be found much less frequently.

write2mark1, you may need to seek support from the kitty community because
this issue may be specific to kitty.

Note that I have kitty installed in MacOS and don't have this issue (I have
a recent version of Bash installed using homebrew and the original OS
install of Bash 3.2 in /bin.

--
Visit serverfault.com to get your system administration questions answered.