Re: Language Versions

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Language Versions
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 10:35:34 +0200

Hi,

> Le 11 juin 2022 à 00:52, slipbits <home@slipbits.com> a écrit :
>
> Could you specify the language version of the generated parser code? This
> will help in specifying the correct compiler to use for the generated parser
> source code and headers.

You mean that we should specify that C++ means C++98, C C90, etc.?

We aim to relatively old versions of the various standards.

For Java, the test suite uses Java 1.7, but we might support older versions of
Java, I actually don't know.

Wrt to D, I have no idea how generations/versions of the language are specified.

Concretely, what problem did you have to fix that would have been solved by
more documentation?