Re: Lack of output

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: Lack of output
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 06:08:00 -0500

Ok, so this gets better.

When cfexecd awakens at the top of the hour, I'm getting the
following:

cfexecd: Lock lock..nmatest1.cfexecd.execd expired...(after 25/0 minutes)
Trying to kill expired process, pid 8879

Which doesn't make much sense, and nothing seems to occur.

Next, I get the following:

cfexecd: Nothing scheduled for cfd.exec (1/5 minutes elapsed)
cfexecd: cfexecd: Couldn't get exec lock -- exists or too soon: IfElapsed 5,
ExpireAfter 10

For the next few minutes during the Min00_05 window.

So it appears I'm having a locking issue. Now my stuff at the bottom
of the hour isn't running/logging. ;]

Now, my update.conf contains:
        IfElapsed       = ( 0 )
        ExpireAfter = ( 10 )

and cfagent.conf contains:
        IfElapsed   = ( 25 )
        ExpireAfter = ( 25 )

So I thought my tasks, specifically updates, should trigger at the top
and bottom of the hour. Can someone help provide some insight into
this one?

Russell