Re: flex question

From: Hans-Bernhard Broeker
Subject: Re: flex question
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 13:42:59 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Atsushi Kasuya wrote:

> Sorry, I was wrong. The flex version on Solaris was 2.5.2.
> When I switch to 2.5.4a (with no-touch on yyleng code), the problem is gone!
> This works both on Solaris and Linux.
>
> Now I need to think of how to handle multiple string line without touching
> yyleng somehow..

Note that you only have to avoid modifying yyleng if you also want to call
yymore(), in the same action.  I got around that by using a home-grown
replacement of yymore() that copies the current my_yytext to a separate
array my_yytext with length indicator my_yyleng.  Code outside the lexer
only ever looks at my_yytext, not the real yytext.

--
Hans-Bernhard Broeker (address@hidden)