Re: [help-flex] yy_pop_state "unrecognized rule"

From: John Millaway
Subject: Re: [help-flex] yy_pop_state "unrecognized rule"
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 10:58:33 -0700 (PDT)

Ignore my last email. I didn't read your scanner carefully enough. Your problem
is twofold. This code:

<INITIAL><FOO>
{
   action
}

Should be written as:

<INITIAL>pattern   {
       action
   }

1. The opening  "{" of your action needs to be on the SAME LINE as the pattern.

2. I don't know what you mean by "<FOO>". If you mean BOTH states <INTIAL> and
<FOO>, then write this:

<INITIAL,FOO>pattern...   {
     action
   }

Otherwise, <INITIAL><FOO> matches the literal text "<FOO>" when flex is in the
<INITIAL> state. But that is probably not what you meant...

-John