Re: Location revisited, column tracking...

From: W. L. Estes
Subject: Re: Location revisited, column tracking...
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 08:22:37 -0400

On Thursday, 25 July 2002,18:44 +0200, Akim Demaille wrote:

> If your goal is to provide a stripped down service serving a niche,
> indeed.  ``Professional'' use of Flex won't be able to use it then.

I'm not really concerned with "professional" use as such. flex doesn't
have commercial 24x7 support which will keep many professionals
away. Our core users are people who write compilers, application
developers in various parts of the free software and open-source camps
and so on. And most of all, flex gets written because people like Vern
Paxon and John Millaway wanted something better and were willing to
make substantial efforts to get it there.

Thanks,

--Will