help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] Groups and other wishes

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] Groups and other wishes
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 21:29:29 +0200

Jens Jakobsen wrote:

Do you mean that { } in command line are standard for getopt? Sorry about my ignorance but I really didn't know about it. Could you please provide me with some link to this feature?

I probably made a bad reference. I dont know this option for getopt. For maximum flexibility infinite subsection nesting should be possible. This however is mostly a nice-to-look-at feature, without much practical application. (But then again if the work is the same it might make sense to make nesting possible)

what I meant is: "are {} actually used in some GNU applications in command line arguments"?

With the introduction of configuration files I sometimes find myself in the situation where a flag is turned on in the configuration file, but I wish to turn it off again on the command line. This is not possible with the current setup.

*** Flag options ***

you get an error, don't you?

No errors.

OK, so you're right the behavior is confusing, I'll fix this

see you soon
        Lorenzo

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD in Computer Science                            |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Tel +39 055 4796741, Fax +39 055 4796730           |
|  Florence - Italy        (GNU/Linux User # 158233)  |
|  Home Page        : http://www.lorenzobettini.it    |
|  http://music.dsi.unifi.it         XKlaim language  |
|  http://www.lorenzobettini.it/purple    Cover Band  |
|  http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite           |