help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] Include getopt code

From: TM
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] Include getopt code
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 17:07:17 +0100

Hi Lorenzo,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I had a quick look at the new version (2.19.2) and the problem seems to have been fixed - thanks. I will run further tests soon and will provide you with more feedback then.

Thanks again,
TM

Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
T Menezes wrote:
Hi,

This morning I tried to use gengetopt (2.19.1) on a project running in
Windows. For the first time, I added '--include-getopt' on the command
line because I wanted to make the project as self-contained as possible
(some of the people involved with this piece of code do not know and are
not inclined to learn Linux-based code/libraries).

When I then used the cmdline.h & cmdline.c files in my project, an error
message popped up saying the compiler (sadly using MS Visual Studio on
this particular occasion) cannot find getopt.h.

I was under the impression that the '--include-getopt' option would sort
out all getopt-related issues (particularly useful in systems where the
getopt library isn't available).

Could anyone please clarify how I should be using the version of getopt
generated by gengetop?
Hi there!

it's my fault: in the generated .c file, in case of --include-getopt,
the initial #include "getopt.h" should not be there...

I'll try to fix this soon

in the meanwhile, could you please try to remove that line from the
generated .c file?  This should make your problem go away

sorry, that's not enough: I had to modify some other parts of the
generated parser.

Here you find a hopefully fixed version of gengetopt that correctly
generates parser when --include-getopt is specified

http://rap.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini/gengetopt-2.19.2.tar.gz

hope to hear from you soon!

thanks again
        Lorenzo