[Help-glpk] calling all GLPK users

From: Brady Hunsaker
Subject: [Help-glpk] calling all GLPK users
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:39:33 -0400

This email is directed at those of you who have used GLPK for work or
research.

One way to enhance awareness of GLPK is to have conference
presentations on successful uses of GLPK.  In particular, there is a
good opportunity at this fall's INFORMS conference to give an invited
talk as part of a session on open-source software.

If you have used GLPK in your work or research and are interested in
the possibility of giving an invited talk at the INFORMS San Jose
conference, please contact me right away.  Actually, Brian Borchers is
the session chair, so you could also contact him directly at
address@hidden  Whatever you prefer.

Even if you aren't interested in giving an INFORMS talk, I'd like to
hear about successful uses of GLPK.  I think that getting a sense of
how GLPK has been used will help us promote GLPK and may also help
guide its development.

Just send me an email (or one to this list) with the type of problem
you solved, the GLPK tools you used (the C library or glpsol), your
input method (GLPK/L modeling language, MPS file, custom creation in a
C program, etc), and any comments you have.  If you have any
suggestions for GLPK, you're welcome to include those as well.  I'll
pass them along to GLPK's author, Andrew Makhorin.

If I get more than a few responses, then I'll plan to post a summary
of the types of projects (with no names) to this list or to a
website.

Thanks for your help,
Brady

Brady Hunsaker
Georgia Institute of Technology
Program in Algorithms, Combinatorics, and Optimization
School of Industrial and Systems Engineering

E-mail address:   address@hidden