[Help-glpk] Re[2]: re-entrant test version of GLPK

From: Joonas Timo Taavetti Kekoni
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re[2]: re-entrant test version of GLPK
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 02:17:45 +0300 (EEST)

 On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Andrew Makhorin wrote:
 > Would you like to implement multi-threaded version of lib_set_ptr/
 > lib_get_ptr and contribute it to the glpk project? (I mean two main
 > platforms, namely, GNU/Linux and Win32.) If so, please inform me.

 yes.

 I started with pthreads and I have made a new version of
 the patch that includes what you described above.
 The fix stores the aforementioned pointer in thread local
 space, so all threads now have their own env.

        http://www.hut.fi/~jkekoni/glpk-t/

 (compiled with -DPTHREADS the posix mt compability in included,
 otherwise not.)

 I'll look at the win32 at later time.
 Should it be ok to use mingwin or do I need vc++?

 > > This is IMHO stuff that are nice to have, but nothing that
 > > one could not live without if needed.
 >
 > Right. I do not see where reenterability is needed except the cases
 > when glpk is used in some
 >exotic environments like Java or Python :+)

 I think win32 also fals into this category,
 whereas I am not sure.