Re: [Help-glpk] glpk 4.36 release information

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] glpk 4.36 release information
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 21:55:51 +0300

> In this version, there is also a new routine glp_weak_comp that is exported
> by the library.  I think that it is also in the official API since it is
> declared in glpk.h.

There will be some api routines for graph and network analysis, which
may be useful on solving network flow problems. Glp_weak_comp is one of
them.

>   Did you intentionally omit glp_weak_comp from the
> announcement above?

Yes, because it has not been tested/documented. It will be announced in
the next release.

> It is great that a SWIG interface is being develop for GLPK.  Octave has a
> very good support in SWIG now, so we could in the future re-implement the
> GLPK binding for Octave using SWIG.

Though Xypron provided necessary files for swig, the solution is
still not obvious (for me), so I decided to wait a while.

Andrew Makhorin