Re: [Help-glpk] memory usage seems very high

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] memory usage seems very high
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 06:26:58 +0300

> After glpsol issued the  #8220;generating
> CC.. #8221; line, I received the command prompt.  So it wasn #8217;t
> working.

Hmm... I successfully run that big.mod model under cygwin on a machine
having 2GB of RAM (unfortunately the url is broken now, so I cannot run
it once again).

I'm not sure why glpsol does not work for you; there must be at least
the message "xmalloc: no memory available". Most likely it is a bug in
the C run-time library, *not* in glpk. Which compiler did you use to
compile glpk? (For example, Borland C/C++ run-time library crashes at
exit from the main program due to segmentation fault when the memory
dynamically allocated by the program exceeds 64 Mb.)

Andrew Makhorin