Re: [Help-glpk] Help with GLPK installation

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Help with GLPK installation
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 16:37:21 +0300

> I do "make install" but in /usr/local/bin I haven #39;t glpsol,
> instead there is in example dir.
> But if I do "glpsol -m prod.mod", the shell return this message:
> examples guess$ glpsol -m prod.mod
> -bash: glpsol: command not found

> I use MacOS X on Intel.

By default, `make install' will install the package's files in
`usr/local/bin', `usr/local/lib', etc. You can specify an installation
prefix other than `/usr/local' by giving `configure' the option
`--prefix=PATH'. Alternately, you can do so by consistently giving a
value for the `prefix' variable when you run `make', e.g.

      make prefix=/usr/gnu
      make prefix=/usr/gnu install

In any case you can either specify the full path, for example:

      $ /usr/over/there/glpsol -m foo.mod ...

or copy the glpsol executable to your working directory and run it
right from there:

      $ ./glpsol -m foo.mod ...