Re: [Help-glpk] CSV output?

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] CSV output?
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 19:07:35 +1200 (NZST)

Hello all

Isn't the GLPSOL --write option supposed to output the
solution in machine readable form?

  $ glpsol ... --write solution.wri

Parsing this output will also require some knowledge of
the problem, because it is extremely terse.  Format
details are given in the GLPK API manual.

It may be practicable to write an external translator
which takes both model and solution files and extracts
a subset of the solution in a more user-friendly
format?

The possibility of recovering the problem, solution
status, and solution in XML is raised on this list from
time to time.  A couple of links regarding suitable XML
specifications can be found here:

  http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Interoperability#Overview

One issue here would be the selection of a C language
XML library, which is also license compatible with GLPK.

I think opinions differ on the usefulness of XML in this
context.

hope this helps
Robbie

> To:          GLPK Help List <address@hidden>
> Subject:     [Help-glpk] CSV output?
> From:        Kevin Hunter <address@hidden>
> Date:        Sun, 25 Jul 2010 16:27:40 -0600
>
> I'm attempting to programmatically parse the solution
> output from GLPK. From what I currently see, there's no
> way to unambiguously parse the output because of a lack
> of delimiters. The only "mostly correct" way that I see
> is to use column indices. The problem with this is if
> the value exceeds the column width, parsing gets much
> more difficult.
>
> [snip]

---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]