Re: [Help-glpk] testing glpk 4.62 on a 64-bit platform

From: Chris Matrakidis
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] testing glpk 4.62 on a 64-bit platform
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 08:47:24 +0300

Hi Andrew.

> Please explain. Many glpk routines assume that sizeof(int) = 4 and will
> just not work if sizeof(int) = 8.

I was thinking of scenarios where we fix this in the future. I expect
most GLPK problems will lead to crashes and will be easy to find,
while minisat will continue working so a reminder seemed appropriate.

> I wouldn't like to include a C++ code in glpk. It seems to me that a
> better way would be to add an API routine that allows to set up an
> user-provided CNF-SAT solver (which is, for example, minisat by
> default).

My plan is to link with the library that provides a C interface.
However, when I looked at it a few months ago, the semantics of the
interface looked a bit different to those of the current code so this
was not so easy to test quickly.

Best Regards,

Chris Matrakidis