GNATS copyright holder?

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: GNATS copyright holder?
Date: 25 Feb 2001 09:43:47 +0100

Headers in most GNATS files say that the files are copyrighted by FSF.
However this is not true, the copyright has not been transferred to FSF.
I should fix the copyright lines in the files, but I don't know who is
their actual copyright holder.  The authors can be found from
ChangeLogs, but I don't know whether they hold the copyright personally
or whether the copyright belongs to their employers (this applies
especially to Cygnus).  Contacting all the authors would be for several
reasons quite impractical.

Can anybody provide me information about this?  Is the work done by
people with @cygnus.com e-mails copyrighted by Cygnus or by the
individual authors?

Thanks for any information regarding this.

Milan Zamazal

--
SomeProgrammersLikeWritingLikeThis.However,IDontThinkThisFormOfCommunicationIs\
AGoodIdea.IApologizeToAllWhoCantReadMyTextsWrittenInAClassicStyle.