Re: EmacsW32 invocation options

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: EmacsW32 invocation options
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 22:14:17 +0200

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
On 5/2/07, Lennart Borgman (gmail) <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> wrote:

I do not take pride in it. I am just glad it is working.

The feeling I get reading your webpage is that you take pride in
detecting (presumed) shortcomings of the standard distribution and
offering (presumed) fixes for them. I dislike it because I don't agree
with many of the supposed shortcomings you point out, and because I
think you're *taking* options from the user (at least, from the novice
user). Pre-packaged releases with lots of goodies stink of patronizing
to me.

What are you actually trying to do, Juanma? Why did you write this?

And some of those things that you call ad-hoc solutions are just that I
follow the Window's API.

That means nothing. There are a gazillion ways to use them.

Now you have just left logical reasoning. I see no reason to respond to that.