Re: Another 'best' practices question ??

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Another 'best' practices question ??
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 08:18:37 -0600

>>>>> "Christian" == Christian Herenz <herenz@physik.hu-berlin.de> writes:

Christian> But I just wanted to say, that I have in my home dir's (at
Christian> home and at work) a dir called emacs-scripts, where I put
Christian> some of the code snippets and bigger scripts, so that path
Christian> is in my load path... I do not know if that is "best
Christian> practice" but I use it like that and it works.

Yes, that's the common practice in a nutshell.

I'd like to plug ELPA here though.  If enough things are packaged we
could move away from manually hacking load-path and instead just
manage packages via a buffer-menu-like mode.  See:

    http://tromey.com/elpa/

Tom